Water in our region is a valuable natural resource that is always in limited supply. We ask customers to always use water efficiently. Your effort will assist in safeguarding drinking water supply and enhancing the reliability of our water resources. FOWD water efficiency program offers services to our customers to help in using water wisely. These services include Landscape Irrigation Reviews, Toilet Rebate Program and Public Outreach through our local schools and community events. In addition, FOWD actively participates in regional water efforts aimed at maintaining affordable and high quality drinking water for our customers. If you want to learn more about our water efficiency program, contact our customer service department for details.
Report Water Waste
To report any concerns of water waste or if you have any water conservation questions, please contact Fair Oaks Water District at (916) 967-5723 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easy Ways You Can Save Water
- When watering your yard, make sure the water is applied only to the areas that need it (not the sidewalk or driveway).
- Use a broom or rake instead of hosing down driveways and sidewalks.
- Run dishwashers and washing machines only when full.
- Repair leaks in toilets, irrigation systems, hoses, and bathroom fixtures.
- Don’t use the toilet as a wastebasket.
- Take shorter showers.
- Install low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators.
- Don’t leave the water running while brushing your teeth.
- Teacher’s Poster Contest Activity Workbook
- National Extension Water Outreach Education Tools for Teaching
- American Water Works Association Conferences and Education
- EPA Water Education Games and Activities for Kids
Five-Year Water Management Plan Documents
Urban Water Management Plan Documents
|2015 Urban Water Management Plan||pdf 18.76 MB|