Skip to main content

How Do I Start/Stop Service?  Buyer/Seller

 This form is for Buyers and Sellers only. If you are a renter and are wishing to start service, the property owner must first fill out an Owner Tenant Billing Agreement that can be found here.

Water service will be transferred to the new property owner of record as of the close of escrow date if Fair Oaks Water District (FOWD) has been notified of the sale.  Final bills will either be collected in escrow or billed directly to the seller.  If a seller is renting back the property, any payment for water use will need to be negotiated between the seller and the new owner, as FOWD transitions ownership at the close of escrow.  FOWD makes every attempt to work closely with respective title companies to ensure a seamless transfer of ownership from the seller to the buyer.  However, if the bill or any fees remain unpaid, it will become the responsibility of the buyer.

The following information is required for a transfer of service: 

Please fill out and submit below:
There was a problem saving your submission. Please try again later.
Please wait while your submission is being saved...
Thank you, your submission has been received.